Sunday, April 27, 2014

Ghotua - a traditional sweet in Jaisalmer

If you go to Jaisalmer, try this shop - they're famous for their namkeens and mithais. 
Dhanraj Ranmal Bhatia, Sweet shop in Jaisalmer
I tried the ghotua and thought it was fabulous. I could only eat a little though, it was super sweet. Ghotua is a mix of gram flour (besan) and condensed milk solid (khoyaa/ mawa), it is cooked together patiently over a low flame, mixing and stirring often. That's what ghotna means, to mix in a circular fashion, so the laddoo made at the end is called ghotua. I think there's ghee in it also, and saffron or cardamom, not sure.
Ghotua! Gives you a sweet rush!

2 comments:

  1. Please send me any telephone contact of Dhanraj Ranmal Bhatia sweet shop. I live in Hyderabad and want to ask if they can courier me Ghotua. My mail id is elless9@yahoo.co.in.

    Pl help

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir gud mrg i want 5 kg gutton laddu in firozpur
    If u send me plz
    My contact number 7347263219

    ReplyDelete